The British Canoeing (UKCC) Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport is awarded following successful completion of a four day training course, a period of mentored practice and a one day assessment. The Level 2 Coach is able to plan, deliver and review a series of six progressive sessions safely and effectively. The Level 2 training programme is delivered working in both canoe and kayak however assessment candidates have a choice of canoe only, kayak only or combined assessment making the award relevant to coaches working in any paddlesport discipline. Like the Level 1, the Level 2 award is offered both as a boat-based and as a bank-based qualification.
- British Canoeing (UKCC) Level 1 Coach or BCU Level 2 Canoe or Kayak Coach.
- Be a minimum of 17 years old to commence training and 18 years old for assessment.
- Registration with British Canoeing – see below.
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT).
- A British Canoeing 3 Star Award in any discipline plus 2 Star (or alternative BCU 2 Star Canoe or 2 Star Kayak award) or Paddlepower Discover – for those wishing to register as boat-based coaches.
All candidates are required to have registered for the Level 2 Award with British Canoeing (or national association if appropriate) in advance of attending training. Registration is via the Coach Registration (CR) Form available from http://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/courses/level-2-certificate-in-coaching-paddlesport or national association websites. You should allow a minimum of two weeks before the course for the registration process to be completed and course materials to be sent out. A stamped copy of your CR Form will be returned to you together with a Candidate Pack including a course guide and workbook.
Please ensure you bring with you to the first day of the training course the following:
- Your stamped CR Form and Candidate Pack. Please note candidates arriving at the course without a valid CR form cannot be accepted on the course (see above)
- Your British Canoeing membership card or evidence of nation association membership
- A completed Personal Details Form
The Level 2 Coach training course comprises tuition, coaching practice and homework over four days. A detailed course programme will be provided on Day 1 of the course.
Personal Clothing and Equipment:
Please bring personal clothing and equipment suitable for going afloat or working from the bank appropriate to the weather conditions forecast for each day of the course. This should include water/wind proof outerwear and a hat.
Please also bring your choice of boat, paddle and paddling/coaching equipment, including a buoyancy aid, if you have these. A variety of alternative craft will be available to participants during the course.
Level 2 Training
Note: the Level 2 Coach Award becomes the Coach Award from January 2018, course dates and venue information to follow
Level 2 Assessment
From £149 per person, dates and venues available by arrangement contact: email@example.com, tel 07730 852760